This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolReady #CollectiveBias
I love to read. For me, there is nothing better than getting lost in a great book. I want to pass that on to my kids, and lately Kenley’s interest in books has taken priority. Now that she will also be going to school this fall, I know that reading will be something she will learn to love. At the local grade school where I worked as a teacher’s aide, they have library time for each class, and I know Kenley will LOVE being able to check out a book to bring home. She has quite the collection going on by her nightstand, and it’s fun to watch her “read” the books to herself. Brayden recently got a Star Wars Legos book, and I think his nose has been buried in it ever since! He’s trying to sound out the words, and I love hearing him learning to read.
For me, my love of books also brought on a love of bookmarks. I want to get my kids in the habit of using them and NOT folding the edges of the pages down (guilty!) so before they head off to school, I am incorporating these into our book routines.
I purposely left the READ ME one blank. This is a great way to keep track of what books your kids bring home from the library, or to keep a list of books they want to read next. The Dr. Suess quote is one of my favorites, and there is nothing better than getting lost in a good book!
I plan on laminating a few of these so that they last throughout the school year. For my teacher friends, these would be a great staple in your classrooms before the school year starts!
Kellogg’s is offering an awesome program right now to help you build your own library at home OR to help build the library at your local school. Here’s how it works:
- Click HERE to create a Kellogg’s Family Rewards account in order to redeem your rewards.
- Buy Kellogg’s specially marked products. One Kellogg’s product equals one free full length Scholastic book, and each person is allotted 30 books.
- Find the code inside the specially marked Kellogg’s products and enter it on your Family Rewards account. You can also upload your receipt or send the code via text.
- Choose the book you want to build your library or donate to your local school. That’s it! The books can take 6-8 weeks to arrive, but generally it is much sooner.
- You must redeem your code 14 days after purchase.
Share the power of reading with your family and with your community by buying specially marked Kellogg’s products at WalMart in order to redeem your codes for books. You can also buy directly on Walmart.com and receive a free book from purchases made between 7/17/15 and 9/11/15.
Be sure to check out more books available via this Kellogg’s offer at http://cbi.as/gfgc. What books are you going to get for your own library or to donate? Use the #Back2SchoolReady hashtag so we can all follow along!